Monday, August 8, 2011

Amazing Weekend Getaway

As a surprise for Ryan's birthday, I got us two nights at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes. I had never been here before, but have been intrigued by it ever sicne they opened a few years ago. Needless to say, it was amazing! I want to move in there! We had such a fun, happy, relaxing time...we definitely plan to head back there asap!

The view from our balcony...within our first hour there Ryan spotted a mama and baby whale breaching out in the water. How's that for a welcome?

We had an early dinner at the Catalina Kitchen, I love the hanging lanterns, made it feel all magical to eat outside.


Camden patiently waiting for his mac 'n' cheese, which turned out to be amazingly good. Definitely not Kraft!



A stroll along one of the many walking paths


Hanging out on the terrace area...Camden seemed to be enjoying himself!


My happy boy!


Enjoying some rare cuddly time while Camden plays


He was so tickeld with himself that he lined up all of our slippers!


Uh oh, he has spotted a light! It's all over now...light light light...


A well-placed window as you wait for the elevator to come...what a view!


Beach boy is all ready for the pool!


Swimming with Mommy...I love taking my little guy in the water, he loves it just as much as I did when I was small.


A little family hike...


And there's Camden, bringing up the rear...


Daddy loves his little guy!


We were surprised at how much he seemed to enjoy the hotel room. He liked reading on this little loveseat with Ryan.


Back at the pool...these splash pools were perfect for little ones, the big kids seemed to be enjoying them too.


Some serious fun...


One last poolside lunch before heading home and back to reality.

No comments: