Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby's 1st Valentine's Day

For the long President's weekend we decided to make a trip nup north and visit my Takagi relatives so they could meet Camden. My cousin Kathy was kind enough to let us stay with them...it was a short visit (due to my car sickness we lost a day with them) but it was great to see everyone and a lot of fun. I am lucky to have such a big warm family!

The aunties couldn't wait to greet Camden in the morning!

Lauren, Mel and Uncle Kay with Camden

The twins with baby!

Camden gave a good effort trying to nurse
my 16 year old cousin, Bree!

Group Photo!
From top left: Sharon, Brian, Mel, Linda, Terry, Ritchie, Vic
Kathy, Uncle Kay, Bree, Kylie, Alli, Thanh, Lauren
Mark, Aunty Fudge, Aunty June, Uncle Bill
Erin, Camden, Jill, Ryan


Valentine's Day dinner in Walnut Creek with my two best guys!
We had a fabulous dinner at Tomatino's and just walked around for a bit before heading back to the hotel.

While up north we wanted to meet up with a few other important people to us...
Lesley at ATWA meeting Camden :) They got along wonderfully! It was so nice to see Lesley again...it had been a year since the last time we saw her and at that time we were anxiously waiting to get on the waiting list for a baby from Japan! We always found that funny, we were waiting to be waiting.

Such a sweet lady!

We also got to meet up with Margaret and Ivy Handshoe
and their friend, Diane.
Ivy couldn't be any more precious!
I waited a long time to meet this little one!

Ivy and Camden

Ivy was going crazy with her little feet and Camden was just going crazy period :)
So different than the last time we saw the Handshoes, we had a quiet cup of coffee while we got acquainted before our meeting with Taz...now we both have active little babies!

So precious! I didn't want to let her go!

I love this picture of her hanging onto Mommy :) So sweet!
Mommy and her little buddy, Ivy

After brunch we walked around Japan town for a bit and hit Sanrio and the dollar stores! Fun!

I loved this painting of the paper umbrellas! Will probably use it as inspiration for a stained glass window hopefully in the near future! Haven't done much, ok any, glass work since baby arrived, but hope to get back to it soon.

2 comments:

Dean, Jennifer and Sakura said...

COOL umbrella print - I didn't know that you did glass - so pretty! Maybe I can hire you someday to make a beautiful sakura for a little someone :)

Great pictures - isn't SF the BEST? I love it there! Wish I could visit more often!

jill and ryan said...

yes i LOVE san fran, it's always been one of my favorite cities...i lived there briefly in my 20s :)
and yes i love working with glass, i do both stained glass and hot glass work!